Sunday, May 3, 2020

When I Was 10

When I was 10 years old and in primary, our teachers asked us to choose something to give to Jesus on Christmas. 

I thought about it and I decided that I would read the Book of Mormon everyday for a year as my gift. 

I worked really hard to keep my promise even though sometimes I only read a verse or two. Later that year, probably in the fall, I decided I wanted to know if the Book of Mormon was true. I had been taught that I could pray and ask. I felt ready. 

So I kneeled on the floor one night and asked Heavenly Father if it was true. 

I immediately felt a warmth and peace feel my heart and soul. I felt so peaceful and knew by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon was true. 

I have always known it was true since that night I prayed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment